Remember the belt loops are for the scout doing their best to learn about the sport or academic activity, and by putting the new techniques to practice with fellow scouts, in their community, or working with an adult.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- Spend at least 30 minutes on three different occasions developing individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three -shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
I certify that ___________________________ has completed the minimum requirements.
Adult Teammate Signature