Remember the belt loops are for the scout doing their best to learn about the sport or academic activity, and by putting the new techniques to practice with fellow scouts, in their community, or working with an adult.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of baseball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing baseball skills.
- Participate in a baseball game.
Earn the Baseball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community baseball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in two of the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- Demonstrate skill in two of the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- Demonstrate correct pitching techniques.
- Demonstrate correct hitting techniques,
- Explain the rules of base running. Explain base coaching signals.
- Demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- Play five games of baseball using standard baseball rules.
- Draw a baseball field to scale or set one up for play.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional baseball game.
- Read a book about a baseball player and give a report about him or her to your den or family.
I certify that ___________________________ has completed the minimum requirements.
Adult Teammate Signature